It’s time to ditch your dull 9 to 5 job for a more comfortable life of working from home. When you think about it, it’s a necessity.
The first goomba to your entrepreneur life and probably the biggest hurdle to overcome is to know what kind of business you want to start. To ease your ache, here are 10 business ideas from home we think are best to consider.
10 Business Ideas From Home
1. Freelance Writing: Words have more power than guns. It’s only natural to use these words skillfully and effectively. As a freelance writer, your work is just that.
There are multiple routes to choose from as a freelance writer.
a. Creative writing: Use your literary talent to write short stories and poetry and publish them in literary magazines that pay. This is a great place to practice 10 business ideas from home.
b. Technical writing: This may not be the most creative option but is a sector that pays. A well-written instruction manual helps people in the most practical sense.
c. Resume writing: With writing prowess, you can help other people get jobs. Creating resumes, cover letters, or optimizing clients’ Linkedin, Upwork profiles are examples of such work.
d. Editor: Many traditional publishers hire work at home editors as employes. Contract works as a proofreader or editing is also a valid option. If your willing to put in the work, there is a huge opportunity to do well creating even more exciting prospects for you.
2. Affiliate Marketer: Have some clout as an internet persona? Does your website or vlog get traffic? If so affiliate marketing should be in your 10 business ideas from home.
Including affiliate links to products you recommend on your site will net you commission from the company
If you have the ability there is no reason not to consider this as one of our 10 business ideas from home to venture. You don’t have to start or target a big business account, start with small businesses that need managing their finances. A virtual bookkeeper can earn 60$ per hour.
Making money out of music must be the most fun project in our 10 home business ideas. You don’t have to be a rockstar ready for a world tour. It’s a vast medium with very varied sectors to personalize in.
a. Teaching Music: Know how to play an instrument? So share!!!
Use a website like Wyzant to find people to tutor, or if you have the means to advertise you can start your website, you can also use many well known public platform such as youtube. Create videos of you performing and just upload.
b. Write songs: Write down your melodies to flourish our 10 business ideas from home. Sell them and tap on interesting opportunities. Though rather than selling them outright it’s smarter to get mechanical royalties or performance royalties. Try entering different contests.
c. Online platforms: Spotify, Soundcloud, Youtube are great platforms to release your music to an audience. With time and effort, you could get a large enough audience. It’s not unheard of for people getting into larger projects from simply making good music. Only end product matters.
5. eBay seller: If you have an eye for fashion you could sell thrift store finds on eBay for a profit.
To get started, check out eBay’s listings for similar products to understand the market and set a pricing strategy. Attract more buyers and higher prices by having a professional presentation in photos of your product
6. Graphic Designer: This is well known in the field of 10 business ideas from home. 1 out of 5 graphic designers are self-employed and time for you to be too.
Whether it’s designing logo or layouts use your creativity full throttle to make the product your clients wants and create other potential clients. Create a portfolio, use sites like Coroflot to freely post your work.
7. Video games: Video games isn’t the niche market that it once was. According to Market-watch, the video game industry is larger than the movies and North American sports combined due to the pandemic. So what are you waiting for?
a. Game developer: with skills and passion there is no reason not to try out game development. The barrier for entry isn’t high and it’s much easier to get an audience than before. You can use free development tools such as Unity to create games. Put your games in online game markets such as steam or epic games. One-person development is not unheard of. If you need funding, use a funding site such as Gofundme. Toby fox practically the independent creator of “Undertale” is now worth 3 million dollars. This is fantastic considering the initial development cost of the game being just 50$.
b. Competitive gaming: E-sports industry has grown a significant amount in the past few years. Many online competitions happen all year round. If you have confidence in your skills there is no reason not to enter.
8. Streaming: Streaming has never been more mainstream and marketable as it is now. By streaming your content with any streaming service you’re both creating an online audience and making a profit. Stream your creativity through different artistic mediums and garner a large enough following for online clout. You can use different platforms such as Twitch T.V for your streaming needs.
9.Podcast: It’s the wild wild west in the podcast industry right now. Once it was just a novelty but now it is the most exciting time to tap into this audio medium. The obstacle for entry is low and there is practically no gatekeeping in this industry right now. Watch tutorials online to teach yourself to create the podcast and make money out of it.
10. Web development: If you can balance aesthetically pleasing and user friendly, your next business could be as a web developer.
Though web designers and developers are not the same. Designers tend to the visual aspect while developers focusing on the coding. With the necessary coding skills, there is no reason not to venture here. Averagely a web developer can make 33$ an hour.
So, here are our 10 business ideas from home for you. Feel free to add comments if you have any suggestions or something need to know.